Delta CK790E project

Le forum des pistes Delta ( USA )
V12
Découverte
Découverte

Delta CK790E project

Message par V12 » 30 Août 2013, 15:20

This is my first restoring project here at Rcmagvintage forum. There are a lot of amazing cars and restoring projects at the forum, so I´m happy to show this one here also. This is a CK790E what was really sold by Delta, it is no electric conversion on a regular Super-J gas car.

The picture is after unpacking when I got this car early last year. There are a lot of corroded metal parts what will be replaced and a good clean for other parts. I was busy since now collecting spares for this car but I´m still looking for some others. I try to use just those parts what were used at the original car, beside some special parts as the chassis and frontend beam what are machined for lower weight.

As the original car had white wheels I try using them also but these are some of the parts I´m still looking for.

Dernière édition par V12 le 04 Sep 2013, 22:14, édité 1 fois.

OCA1
Expert*
Expert*

Message par OCA1 » 31 Août 2013, 01:05

Hello V12 :)
Very nice Delta project :ok: Look forward seeing the restoration of this rare electric 1/8 Delta. Looks like a skeleton chassis, the previous owner cut away so much to save weight.

This is a picture from assocista's website.
:)

V12
Découverte
Découverte

Message par V12 » 04 Sep 2013, 22:12

The original chassis for the CK790E is the rectangle fibreglass chassis of the CK790 gas car with just a different cutout below the motor.
Yes the chassis is cutted for weight but I think maybe also for more flex. You can see the front bumper is shaped for using a Formula body also there is the large Delta rear wing with Gourney flap.

Some new parts what will be used for restoring.

eric-Z
Elite
Elite

Message par eric-Z » 04 Sep 2013, 22:42

this looks like a great challenge ! :) for a great result I am sure :)
go ahead please V12 !
Z

8valve
Découverte
Découverte

Message par 8valve » 27 Nov 2013, 23:28

Today, while I was working on one of my projects, I discovered that what I thought was an early SuperJ, was in fact also an 'E' version! Mine has an all aluminum chassis, with the special cutout for the motor, and the 2 extra holes in the right hand bearing hanger to mount the motor.
If you look closely, you can see the 'footprint' of where once the electric motor was mounted.
I am leaning towards finishing this car as a gas-engine version....what are the thoughts here?

8valve
Découverte
Découverte

Message par 8valve » 27 Nov 2013, 23:33

This is how I bought the chassis in the US....

Répondre

Revenir vers « Pistes Delta »