Turbo Burns Special

Le forum des TT Kyosho Burns
lavigna
Découverte
Découverte

Turbo Burns Special

Message par lavigna » 31 Oct 2017, 07:26

Hi all. I am American, so I hope my English is translated correctly. I have nearly completed a Turbo Burns build.

When I was around 12 years old, I saw the Turbo Burns in the Tower Hobbies Catalog, and fell in love with it. I wanted one so bad, but could not afford one. I ended up getting a RC10T, and still have it today. I have got back into vintage RC about 5 years ago. I have many Team Associated and Team Losi vintage builds. This is my first ever Kyosho.

I do not enjoy nitro much anymore, but still love the Turbo Burns. I have been looking for a TB to buy for several years. Finally earlier this year, I found a prime example on eBay, and bought it. It was a new, never rund TB, which had been partially assembled. It came with box, manual, RF engine. I was missing the body, wing mount, linkage set, and other odds and ends. Once I got it, I stripped it down. It was brand new, but quite dirty from sitting out.

I have been fortunate to find nearly all the vintage upgrades I was looking for. Everything on the buggy is brand new. The current list is:

Gold anodized chassis
New stock body and wing
Option front and rear black towers
Option front brake kit
Option front sway bar
Option turnbuckles throughout
SS hardware
Option rear universals
OS EX engine
Marwan decals (Marwan body is still coming)
BSW1 gears (BSW2 gears likely to follow later)

Parts still needed are:

Option brake discs
Steel spur gear
electronics
Paint

I have looked extensively at the photos of your builds on this site. Thanks for all the info and photos. I hope you enjoy my photos.

I do not understand how to attach photos directly to this thread, so here is a link to my build thread for this buggy. There are many photos there.

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=42144

Many thanks to Marwan for so much helpful information on the buggy, parts, and the body and decals. You are an amazing resource for information, and you have the most amazing Kyosho collection!

f2g78
Expert*
Expert*

Re: Turbo Burns Special

Message par f2g78 » 31 Oct 2017, 16:11

Welcome Lavigna
Thank you for sharing us your photos, your TBurns looks like new :bravo:, I like your TB with the clear body too.
In my opinion the Burns series was the most beautiful 1/8 off roads from Kyosho.
To attach photos I use CASIMAGES or SERVING.COM

Répondre

Revenir vers « TT Kyosho Burns »