Some questions on Super J parts

Le forum des pistes Delta ( USA )
Répondre
V12
Découverte
Découverte

Some questions on Super J parts

Message par V12 » 04 Nov 2012, 11:12

Got a Super J what needs some restoring and completing also don´t have a real manual. Basically it is a mix of CK780 and CK790 with fixed rear axle. Rear wheels are white colour no front wheels. I have seen pictures with white wheels and red wheels with same version as white wheels and other style version with 6 holes.
I think front wheels with the holes might be actually Eagle wheels but sheem working also with Super J. Which wheels should be correct version for CK790, white or red?

Regarding bearings, there are no front bearings also. Which front bearings had been used from factory that time? Metal shielded or plastic shielded, also flanged or non-flanged?
I did read something there had been different bearing size for different style front wheels. Is this true? I found something like 3/16 x 1/2"?

Missing are also some of the locking nuts at front/rear axle and kingpins. Which version is used, regular or low profil locking nuts? I think correct size is 3/8-24 for fixed rear axle and 10-32 for maybe both front axle and king pins? Is this OK?
Thanks for help.

MK4
Elite
Elite

Message par MK4 » 04 Nov 2012, 16:24

yes any kind of front wheel will work from CK780 to P2 ( p4 has spécific front wheel)
white and red rims were sold at the same time ( white one could be dye in the wanted color)

regarding nuts and bearing size i will see tonight.

BTW , do you have a photo of your car ? i may be usefull
for us

MK4
Elite
Elite

Message par MK4 » 05 Nov 2012, 09:44

front nuts are 10/32 for king pin and front axle

front wheel bearings are : 3/16*1/2*3/16 sealed version (however it also works with flanged one's)

front wheel story :
from left to right it should be :super J , eagle , super eagle

V12
Découverte
Découverte

Message par V12 » 05 Nov 2012, 22:49

MK4, thank you! This is useful information. My car has white rear wheels same style as your left wheel. Have to find matching front wheels or complete set of red wheels. Front bearings should be no problem to find.

I´m looking also for correct locking nuts. I found these are available cheap at hardware shops but doubt they are looking the same as original nuts, maybe too shiny. Do you maybe have picture how original Delta locking nuts for front wheels and for rear wheels (fixed rear axle) would look like? Are these steel or aluminium nuts?
I have checked a lot of pictures but didn´t find one where you clearly see this.

OCA1
Expert*
Expert*

Message par OCA1 » 29 Jan 2013, 21:36

Hi V12,

These are some pics showing the difference between the original Delta lock nuts and the ones that you can buy now. You can see that the original ones are bronze color, made of steel and have red nylon inserts. The new ones are like chrome plated and more shiny. I hope this helps :)

V12
Découverte
Découverte

Message par V12 » 03 Sep 2013, 20:12

Just found this thread again. Sorry never replied.
Thanks for all the useful informations, it did help when searching for the hardware stuff. I found Delta used a lot of hardware actually intended for aircraft use that time. It´s just bad this stuff is not used today with exactly same look or dimensions.
Front wheel axles and kingpins of the Super-J cars actually "just" are cadmium plated aircraft bolts, also the locknuts are cadmium plated what makes that nice bronze look. I never did like the shiny hardware of today, so I´m happy I found some of the original bolts and locknuts. :D
These will be used at the CK790E project at other thread also.

OCA1
Expert*
Expert*

Message par OCA1 » 07 Sep 2013, 01:16

Very nice V12! These are very hard to find, just the parts you need to do a detail restoration :ok:

V12
Découverte
Découverte

Message par V12 » 07 Sep 2013, 10:28

Thanks OCA1! I like looking into details so I hunted for these parts until I got them. But you also need some luck finding such very rare parts. :)

MK4
Elite
Elite

Message par MK4 » 07 Sep 2013, 14:48

CK790E is so rare ,I never see one perfectly assembled

V12
Découverte
Découverte

Message par V12 » 07 Sep 2013, 15:47

I hope I can do a near perfect restore of the CK790E. But I´m still gathering parts, also have to finish some projects before making room at the workshop for this one.

Répondre

Revenir vers « Pistes Delta »