Circuit 20 Series Fuel Tank

Le forum des Land Jumps, Dune, Fairlady ...

Modérateur : Retronews

Mar1
Ligue
Ligue

Circuit 20 Series Fuel Tank

Message par Mar1 » 23 Mai 2009, 20:22

Hi,

In this topic I want to share my view regarding the Circuit 20 series fuel tank.

It is always very expensive and nearly impossible to find a fuel tank for your Kyosho Circuit 20 buggy (Fairlady, Rowdy Baja, Stratos, Baja Body, .... and all of them), even if you find one it'll either in a very bad used condition, or super expensive new one which you'll not dare to use. So how is it possible to complete your restoration project ? please see my view below;

For the first Circuit 20 Buggy Kyosho used this fuel tank;

for Later Circuit 20 Buggies Kyosho used this fuel tank;

and continued to used till the last buggy in the Circuit 20 series, the Circuit 20 Extra Racing and Rowdy Baja in 1983.

Please remember the shape of the above CB63 tank.

Of course Kyosho didn't use it for the Landjump nor for their Vanning / Presto / Impacta Baja / Mint Las Vegas buggies, instead they used the LD-36 round shape tank.

in 1988 and for the Kyosho BURNS Kyosho again used the same CB63 fuel tank ! they just added an extra hole in the side to mount it on the Burns / Inferno buggies, see it below;

I have both in front of me and I can tell you that Kyosho used the same mold to make CB63 and BS28, so if you have a BS28 then you have the super rare CB63 also !

But now BS28 is also not available today so what to do ?

the solution is easy, Kyosho have long back revised the BS28 tank to BS65 Tank maintaining the same CB63 shape !! now that is a big relief :) see it below;

did you notice how the shape of BS65 is the same as CB63 :)

in another way the CB63 is the grandfather of BS65 and BS65 is still being used for the Giga Crusher SF (single force, i.e. single engine version), so it is not discontinued and available for a normal fuel tank price :)

good luck :D

Traduction automatique:

Traduction automatique:
INTEGRA FAN

Répondre

Revenir vers « TT Kyosho »